Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Blood Bowl Playoffs

ugh. I accidentally posted this over at my other blog. It's here now, though.

My Chaos Dwarf team, throuh head bashing, intimidation, and only winning required games, managed to have a losing season but make the playoffs with the highest team rating. Blood bowl is a screwed-up game, especially under Other Realms rules. Basically, my bull centaurs take the ball and run with it, taunt the opposing team to come and take it, and run it into the endzone as my blockers, minotaur, and hobgoblins cause problems for the defense. I think if I might try to be the next league's commissioner, and run Blood Bowl with the Vault rules (that's the latest play-tested rules for those not in the know). I think I'll try my hand at a skaven team while I'm at it. team list follows:

7 line rats (basic nobodies, they're fast and cheap)
2 passer rats (think of them as a pair of quarterbacks)
2 stormvermin (these guys would play fullback and linebacker on a real football team)
2 gutter runners (wide receivers, the fastest in the game)

Basic strategy: play tough and fast, score as often as possible. The main goal of the team is to get as many star player points (think of them as levels in D&D) as possible, and hope to roll doubles (two dice with the same result on both) so I can get mutations instead of the standard skills availiable on non-doubles. Gutter runners will get two heads, stormvermin and line rats will get claws, and the passer rats will get strong arms. It's a plan, I suppose we'll see if it works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home