Thursday, May 26, 2005

Success with the Voidmarines

On Wednesday, I had a chance to test my new Voidmarines army concept against a hard-charging demon-based Khorne army. The Voidmarines fared far better in combat than I anticipated. An extra attack on each bolter-armed marine makes a world of difference. Not only did I survive the hand-to-hand combat without completely folding, I managed to win despite a horrible play error on my part: I moved one of my heavy weapons squads into charge range of a squad of eight demons in addition to eight more and five lesser demons already close enough to assault my other units that turn. I managed to attrit my enemy with the extra attack enough to make the demons easy prey for my nearby landspeeders. By the end of the battle, I nearly annihilated my opponent: he had only twelve models left, suffering 80% casualties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home